|Did you know that only about one-quarter of high school graduates are ready for college-level science, including anatomy and physiology? Preparing for A&P: Basic Science and Biology is formulated to improve this statistic by helping students build a solid foundation in science so they can succeed in A&P and other science courses. Preparing for A&P: Basic Science and Biology is a work text organized on the premise that science builds on itself and requires regular reinforcement. This book can be used for individual study or in the classroom and covers topics such as study skills, scientific vocabulary, math, chemistry, cell biology, body tissues, and human anatomy and physiology. Are your students ready for A&P? They will be by the time they complete this book.
- An innovative, step-by-step approach introduces concepts in manageable chunks. Topics in the book proceed from simple to more complex, causing students to apply past knowledge in the pursuit of greater understanding.
- Students can complete an abundance of reinforcement activities in the text, including fill-in-the-blank, drawing, and matching exercises. Each concept, section, and chapter ends with an opportunity for students to recall and apply their knowledge. Comprehensive reviews strengthen understanding from previous sections and chapters so students retain what they have learned.
- Colorful illustrations created by medical professionals help students visualize A&P content, and the book culminates in two chapters about anatomical terminology and an introduction to the human body systems.
|The G-W Online Textbooks one-year student access key code allows an individual online access to the textbook for 12 consecutive months using a unique username and password that must be associated with a valid e-mail address. The one-year student access key code is a shrink-wrapped packet that can be ordered by schools and bookstores, and redistributed or purchased by students for individual access. For those that would prefer to order direct and receive immediate access, a one-year individual subscription can be purchased at www.g-wonlinetextbooks.com.
The Online Textbook provides fast, page-at-a-time viewing from any browser-based device including iPads®, netbooks, PCs, and Mac computers. Features of the Online Textbook include:
- Exact page reproduction, including figures and formulas
- Linked table of contents
- Search capabilities to find specific topics
- Full text search with relevancy ranking to quickly locate passages of interest
- The ability to quickly jump to specific pages
- Full screen reading mode with zoom capabilities
- Permission to print selected pages for offline reading
|Bundle contains the Preparing for A&P: Basic Science and Biology Printed Text, and the Anatomy & Physiology Essentials Printed Text.