|Successful Sewing is a write-in text designed for use by beginning and experienced sewing students. A step-by-step, easy-to-follow format allows students to work at their own pace as they experience the fun, excitement, and creativity of sewing. The text teaches apparel construction skills and includes imaginative ideas for making sewing fun and profitable. New to this edition is a lesson on service-learning sewing activities that improve the lives of people in need.
|The Online Text six-year classroom subscription allows online access, in school or at home, for six consecutive years. A classroom subscription is for a shared group of students, and requires a purchase of a class set with the total pricing based on the number of users who require access.
The Online Text provides fast, page-at-a-time viewing from any browser-based device including iPads®, netbooks, PCs, and Mac computers. Features of the Online Text include:
- Exact page reproduction, including figures and formulas
- Linked table of contents
- Search capabilities to find specific topics
- Full text search with relevancy ranking to quickly locate passages of interest
- The ability to quickly jump to specific pages
- Full screen reading mode with zoom capabilities
- Permission to print selected pages for offline reading
|Bundle includes a copy of the Student Textbook and Online Textbook, 6yr. Classroom Subscription. Minimum quantity of 15 must be purchased.
|This Instructor's CD contains the following items:
- Introduction. An overview is provided to identify student text features and related instructor's material.
- Units. Units 1 and 2 help students evaluate their sewing construction knowledge and plan a program of learning. Unit 3 contains lessons that teach construction basics. Units 4 and 5 help students diagnose their learning level and identify a project to promote further learning. Units 6 and 7 provide practice in constructing a project. Unit 8 provides tools for evaluating student projects, and Unit 9 contains additional enrichment experiences.
- Lessons. There are a total of 29 lessons. For each, the instructor's material identifies Objectives, definitions of Words to Know, any supplies needed, and answers to Activity questions.
Windows®: Intel® Pentium® II or compatible processor, Windows® 2000/XP/7, 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM recommended), Internet Explorer® (6 or higher), Adobe® Reader® (free download).
Macintosh®: PowerPC® G4, G5 or Intel® processor, Mac OS® X v10.4/10.6/10.7, 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM recommended), Safari® (2.0 or higher), Adobe® Reader® (free download).