Small Gas Engines explores the principles of small gasoline engine design, construction, and operation. It also presents a detailed overview of small engine maintenance, troubleshooting, rebuilding, and repair. In addition, this comprehensive textbook includes extensive coverage of outdoor power equipment applications and the specialized service procedures related to each type of equipment.
A variety of engine types from a wide range of manufacturers are presented.
Career content includes information on Equipment & Engine Training Council (EETC) certification.
The Small Gas Engines Workbook has sample EETC certification tests for Two-Stroke Engines and Four-Stroke Engines.
1. Safety in the Small Gas Engine Shop 2. Tools and Measuring Instruments 3. Fasteners, Sealants, and Gaskets 4. Fundamentals of Electricity, Magnetism, and Electronics
Basics of Engine Operation
5. Principles of Engine Operation, Two- and Four-Stroke Engines 6. Engine Components 7. Measuring Engine Performance
8. Fuel Supply, Air Induction, and Emissions 9. Carburetion and Fuel Injection 10. Ignition Systems 11. Lubrication Systems 12. Cooling Systems
13. Preventive Maintenance and Troubleshooting 14. Fuel System Service 15. Ignition and Electrical System Service 16. Engine Disassembly and Inspection 17. Cylinder, Crankshaft, and Piston Service 18. Camshaft and Valve Train Service 19. Engine Reassembly and Break-In
20. Lawn and Brush Equipment 21. Lawn and Garden Tractors 22. Snow Throwers 23. Personal Watercraft 24. Career Opportunities and Certification
Alfred C. Roth - was an inventor who holds six patents. He was a member of the Equipment & Engine Training Council (EETC) Certification Test Committee and taught for more than thirty years at the college level.
Blake J. Fisher - is a technical editor and writer with over ten years of experience.
W. Scott Gauthier - has more than 20 years of experience as a technical editor and technical writer. He is a coauthor of the Goodheart-Willcox Automotive Encyclopedia and has written several educational supplements.