|Math for Welders is a combination text and workbook designed to help welding students learn and apply basic math skills. The basic concept behind each math operation is explained at the opening of the unit. Next, students are given clear instruction for performing the operation. Each unit includes a variety of welding-related practice problems to reinforce what the students have learned. The practice problems are identical to the types of problems the students will be required to solve in a welding shop. In addition to teaching basic math concepts, the problems give students a preview of the types of challenges they will face in a work environment. This helps the students develop solid troubleshooting skills that will serve them throughout their careers as welders.
- Problems range in complexity from solving simple equations to calculating the weight of an assembly based on a dimensioned drawing.
- Answers to odd-numbered practice problems are provided in the back of the book so that students can work independently and assess their understanding. A solutions manual available in the instructor materials shows calculations for all the textbook problems.
- Available test bank allows you to administer and manage assessments using the Respondus Test Bank Network.
EduHub offers an online collection of eBook content, interactive practice, and test preparation. Additionally, students have the ability to view and submit assessments, track personal performance, and view feedback via the Student Report option.
STUDENT ALERT—this is an Instructor led course, you will need a Class Code, provided by your instructor, to register for this product. Course durations vary; course content may be available up to one year.
|Bundle includes Print Text and EduHub Student Access Key Code
Integrate Goodheart-Willcox content within your Learning Management System for a seamless user experience for both you and your students. LMS-ready content in Common Cartridge format facilitates single sign-on integration and gives you control of student enrollment and student data. With a Common Cartridge integration, you can access the LMS features and tools you are accustomed to using and G-W course resources in one convenient location—your LMS.
When you incorporate G-W content into your courses via Common Cartridge, you have the flexibility to customize and structure the content to meet the educational needs of your students. You may also choose to add your own content to the course.
Students purchase their Individual Access Key Code packets from the school bookstore. After accessing their course via your LMS, the student simply enters their Access Key Code for instant access to all student content.
Ready to purchase or receive a quote? Submit your request here!
- Online Textbook
- E-Flash Cards
- Matching Activities
- Vocabulary Games
- Online Unit Practice (with digital form fields)
- Online Instructor Resources provide access to the instructor support materials used most, all in one convenient location. Resources include Instructor Materials, Answer Keys, and Lesson Plans. Assessment Software & Question Pools includes the Respondus Test Bank Network and Question Pools for Other Learning Management Systems. Textbook Review Questions are also included in QTI format. Files are provided in various formats (PDF, DOCX, PPSX, PPTX, and ZIP). These types of files will require compatible programs.
|Bundle includes Print Text and Common Cartridge, 1yr. Individual Access Key Code.
For instructors, EduHub provides a turnkey, fully integrated solution with course management tools to deliver content, assessments, and feedback to students quickly and efficiently. The integrated approach results in improved student outcomes and instructor flexibility. Instructor access includes student and instructor content.
Ready to preview or receive a quote? Contact your Educational Consultant!
- Fixed layout eBook works well on all devices. Includes interactive features including highlighting and note-taking capabilities.
- Drill and Practice (E-Flash Cards, Matching Activities, Vocabulary Games)
- Instructor led eAssignments
- Pretests and Posttests
- Unit Practice (end of chapter textbook questions)
- Lesson plans and answer keys are included within the Instructor Resources.