Math for Automotive Technicians is designed to help students learn and apply basic math skills. The first part of the text provides 12 lessons that develop a mastery of basic math skills in the context of automotive service. Coverage includes whole number operations, decimals, greater than/less than, tape measure fractions, conversion, graphs and tables, formulas, measurement, and comparing to specifications. The second part consists of 96 case studies that apply and extend the basic math skills with actual vehicle procedures, data, and specifications. For ease of integration with curricula based on the NATEF standards, the case studies are grouped into automotive service areas, such as chassis systems, engine mechanical, electrical, etc. Answers to odd-numbered practice problems are listed in the back of the text.
- Units begin with Career Profiles based on interviews with practicing automotive technicians who explain how and why math is important to their work. The Career Profiles provide context and motivation for students and answer the question "why study math?"
- Word problems use realistic automotive examples; case study practice problems are well illustrated and correlate to the NATEF tasks lists.
- Word problems also reference Concern-Cause-Correction language, which integrates a diagnostic problem-solving model with mathematical problem-solving.
- Math for Automotive Technicians is well suited for use as either the core text in a dedicated applied math course or as a supplemental text in an automotive technology program.
|This Instructor's Resource CD contains the following items:
Recommended System Requirements
- Instructor's Resources. An introduction in Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Answer Keys. Unit Answer Keys in PDF format.
- Lesson Plans. Customizable daily Lesson Plans in Microsoft Word (DOCX) format.
Windows®: Intel® Pentium® dual-core processor 2GHz or equivalent, Windows® 8.1/10, 2GB RAM. Current browsers work best (Google Chrome™ browser recommended; free download), allow active content, and Adobe® Reader® (free download). Internet connection required to access web links and free downloads.
Macintosh®: Intel® processor 2GHz or equivalent, Mac OS® X v10.6 or higher, 2GB RAM. Current browsers work best (Google Chrome™ browser recommended; free download), allow active content, and Adobe® Reader® (free download). Internet connection required to access web links and free downloads.
For up-to-date information visit www.g-w.com/sysreq
|The ExamView® Assessment Suite allows you to quickly and easily create, administer, and score paper and online tests. The ExamView® Assessment Suite includes the ExamView® Test Generator, ExamView® Test Manager, and ExamView® Test Player. This product includes 9 test banks with a total of 459 questions.
Windows®: Windows® 7, 8, or 10 (32 or 64-bit); Intel® Pentium® dual-core processor 2GHz or higher (or equivalent); 2GB RAM; 500MB hard disk space; Monitor capable of displaying 1024 x 768 or higher resolution; Internet connection to access the Web publishing and content update features.
Macintosh®: Mac OS® 10.9, 10.10, or 10.11; Intel® Processor 2GHz or higher; 32-bit and 64-bit Kernel and Extensions; 2GB RAM; 300MB hard disk space; Monitor capable of displaying 1024 x 768 or higher resolution; Internet connection to access the Web publishing and content update features.