|Introduction to Video Game Design is a fun and easy text/software design guide that requires no previous knowledge of programming or game design. This text/software design guide introduces students to the fundamentals of video game design and provides hands-on experience using the freeware Game Maker game engine.
Please refer to our All Video Game Design Software Downloads for GameMaker LITE and Sprites downloads.
Introduction to Video Game Design integrates cross-curriculum and STEM activities. Students apply principles of advanced mathematics and science through STEM reading material applied in the game building lessons. Other concepts of language arts, social sciences, and applied technology make this one of the most ideal applications of STEM integration. This innovative and flexible product integrates STEM lessons for 20, 45, or 90 days/hours of instruction.
- Activity-based, integrated curriculum: game-theory reading with gamebuilding application lessons.
- Designed to fit into existing high school or middle school CTE curriculum.
- Text and Software Design Guide in one!
|The Online Text six-year classroom subscription allows online access, in school or at home, for six consecutive years. A classroom subscription is for a shared group of students, and requires a purchase of a class set with the total pricing based on the number of users who require access.
The Online Text provides fast, page-at-a-time viewing from any browser-based device including iPads®, netbooks, PCs, and Mac computers. Features of the Online Text include:
- Exact page reproduction, including figures and formulas
- Linked table of contents
- Search capabilities to find specific topics
- Full text search with relevancy ranking to quickly locate passages of interest
- The ability to quickly jump to specific pages
- Full screen reading mode with zoom capabilities
- Permission to print selected pages for offline reading
|Bundle includes a copy of the Student Textbook and Online Textbook 6yr Classroom Subscription. Minimum quantity of 15 must be purchased.
|Includes chapter objectives, test answers, and solutions to the activities in the textbook/software design guide. A detailed scope and sequence chart is provided that outlines the activities for each day in the 20, 45, and 90 day curricula. Also included is a list of related Web site resources.