|Exploring Woodworking: Fundamentals of Technology provides the essential knowledge that beginning students require. It introduces different woods and their characteristics in addition to basic techniques using hand and power tools. Information regarding woodworking operations, such as drilling and sawing, is presented in individual chapters to ensure in-depth coverage.
- Product designs for woodworking projects are included.
- An entrepreneurship chapter explains how to organize and operate an in-school manufacturing business, giving students hands-on experience with financing, marketing, and construction.
- The text also introduces students to the industrial woodworking environment to provide insight into the potential workplace.
|Organized to follow the textbook on a chapter-by-chapter basis, providing questions to help the student review the material presented in the chapter. This supplement is a consumable resource, designed with perforated pages so that a given chapter can be removed and turned in for grading or checking.
|Designed for presenting answers to workbook activities right where you need them.
|The Instructor's Resource CD contains the following items:
- Instructor's Materials. An introduction and overview of teaching material. Files are in PDF format.
- Safety. Safety rules, quizzes, and answer keys provided in PDF format.
- Answer Keys. Chapter Answer Keys in PDF format.
- Annotated Workbook. Instructor's Annotated Workbook provided in PDF format.
- Lesson Plans. Customizable daily Lesson Plans in Microsoft Word (DOCX) format.
Windows®: Intel® Pentium® II or compatible processor, Windows® 2000/XP/7/8, 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM recommended), Internet Explorer® (6 or higher), allow active content, and Adobe® Reader® (free download).
Macintosh®: PowerPC® G4, G5 or Intel® processor, Mac OS® X v10.X, 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM recommended), Safari® (2.0 or higher), allow active content, Adobe® Reader® (free download).