|Electricity is ideal for use in introductory or short courses. This textbook familiarizes students with basic principles of electricity and their practical applications. Through easy-to-understand text, it provides information on sources of electricity, types of circuits, operating principles of electric motors, measuring instruments, generators and transformers, inductance, capacitance, and solid-state devices. Chapter 19 includes a soldering/desoldering primer and 10 hands-on electrical projects.
|The Instructor's CD contains the following items:
- Instructor's Resources. This section in PDF format briefly explains useful information concerning the chapter quizzes, completed projects, skills learned in this curriculum, and laboratory equipment. It also provides a list of suggested hardware to have available for lab projects.
- Chapter Resources. This section contains the answer lists for both the textbook end-of-chapter quizzes and the chapter quizzes that are exclusively on the Instructor's CD, as well as reproducible masters, all in PDF format.
- Quizzes. These pre-made PDF quizzes are conveniently provided to test student knowledge and understanding of the key concepts in each chapter.
- Lesson Slides. These tables and images showing some of the basic information learned in electricity studies are provided in convenient PowerPoint slides.
- Related Web Links. Direct Internet links are provided for numerous content-related Web sites.
Windows®: Intel® Pentium® II or compatible processor, Windows® 2000/XP, 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM recommended), Internet Explorer® (6 or higher), PowerPoint Viewer (free download), and Adobe® Reader® (free download).