|The process of searching and applying for jobs has changed. Gone are newspaper want ads and community bulletin boards which have been replaced by online job boards and social media networking. To find and retain employment effectively, students need to know how to plan for a successful job search and career, navigate the pitfalls that come with an online presence, and write for their employment.
Connect to Your Career is a technology-driven 21st century reflection of how adults plan, find, and start their careers. It reflects seamless integration of technology and social media to guide students as they self-assess and discover who they are as future employees. Technology is an essential part of the career-search process, so it is important for students to know how to leverage it to help them find the careers for which they are looking.
- Seamless integration of technology and social media guides students as they self-assess and discover who they are as future employees.
- Instruction on self-assessment and the development of a career plan, as well as the creation of a career portfolio, provides a roadmap for the job-search process.
- Importance of digital citizenship skills prepares students for professional behaviour and responsibilities in the workplace.
- Guidance on the creation of a personal brand, personal brand statement, and 30-second elevator speech helps students create material that can be used in the employment process.
- Education about online presence and the use of social media for professional purposes emphasizes why these tools are necessary when looking for a job.
- Insight on the importance of networking is given and how it can help an individual find employment.
- Step-by-step instruction for creating traditional, visual, and web-based résumés, as well as professionally written cover letters, to assists students in completing final documents to use when applying for jobs.
- Introduction of a Sunday Evening Plan and creation of a job-tracking spreadsheet helps students manage career opportunities.
- Advice regarding preparing for, experiencing, and evaluating an interview provides insight on how to navigate the interview process.
- Information is offered on how to model positive employee behaviour, understand the onboarding process, and recognize qualities of multigenerational coworkers.
|The Online Learning Suite offers a complete learning package that is accessible through any Internet-enabled device, including computers, smartphones, and tablets. Students can study in the classroom or on the go: whenever or wherever it is most convenient.
Instructional materials included are:
All content from the print textbook is included with exact page reproductions to ensure that students do not miss any important information or illustrations. Navigation is easy with a linked table of contents, and the search function helps students to easily find information.
Online Student Workbook
This is an exact reproduction of the printed workbook with features that provide options to meet classroom needs. Pages can be printed on demand for assignment, or students can complete their assignments online using embedded form fields and then print or e-mail the results for grading.
|The Online Instructor Resources 1yr. Individual Access Key Code provides 365 days of individual access to the classroom materials used most—all in one convenient location. This provides instructor access to the online textbook, answer keys, and lesson plans.
|The Online Instructor Resources 1yr. Subscription provides 365 days of individual access to the classroom materials used most—all in one convenient location. This provides instructor access to the online textbook, answer keys, and lesson plans.
|Bundle contains the Connect To Your Career, Canadian Edition Printed Text, and the Soft Skills for the Workplace Printed Text.