Banking & Financial Systems provides an overview of banking basics, the Federal Reserve System, customer services, and bank operations. Banking careers and workplace skills are also explored. Included activities support college and career standards for reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Event Prep activities help students prepare for competitive contests.
Authored by the award-winning educational television show Biz Kid$.
Biz Kid$ videos accompany each unit.
Content aligns with the National Standards in K-12 Personal Finance Education published by the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy®.
Products & Prices6-12 Education
Table of Contents
Unit 1: Introduction to Banking
1. Banking Basics 2. Financial Institutions 3. Business of Banking
Unit 2: Money and Regulation
4. Money 5. Federal Reserve System 6. Bank Regulations
Unit 3: Customer Service
7. Savings 8. Lending 9. Payments
Unit 4: Bank Management
10. Day-to-Day Activities 11. Selling the Bank 12. Banking Careers and Workplace Skills 13. Bank Performance 14. Ethics, Security, Fraud, and Workplace Safety
Unit 5: History and Future of Banking
15. Evolution of Banking 16. Financial Crises of the Early 21st Century 17. Bank of the Future
Biz Kid$ - is a national financial education-based initiative whose foundation is the Emmy Award-winning public television series that teaches kids and young adults about money and business. The series has also been given the Environmental Media Award for outstanding Children's Television, the Silver Telly Award for outstanding Financial Education Series, and it has been recognized for Excellence in Contributions for Financial Literacy Education by the Council on Economic Education.