Auto Engine Repair teaches students to diagnose, service, and repair all makes and models of gasoline and diesel engines. This textbook details how engines and their related systems are constructed and how they operate. It includes topical information on recent developments in engine design and service. Auto Engine Repair is a valuable guide for anyone wanting to understand or work on today's engines, as well as those preparing for ASE Certification Test A1, Engine Repair. It can also be used for review when preparing for ASE Certification Test A8, Engine Performance.
Content is correlated to the latest NATEF Task List.
Heavily illustrated to reinforce concepts and enhance understanding.
Includes NATEF Standards Job Sheets on CD.
Products & Prices
Table of Contents
1. Review of Engine Operation 2. Engine Service Tools and Equipment 3. Engine Hardware 4. Electricity and Electronics for Engines 5. Shop Safety
Engine Construction and Design
6. Engine Types and Classifications 7. Engine Size and Performance Ratings 8. Engine Combustion and Fuels 9. Short Block Construction 10. Top End Construction 11. Front End and Manifold Construction
12. Cooling System Operation and Service 13. Lubrication System Operation and Service 14. Starting, Charging, and Ignition Systems 15. Fuel and Emission Control Systems 16. Turbocharging and Supercharging Systems
Engine Diagnosis and Tune-Up
17. Engine Performance Problems 18. Engine Mechanical Problems 19. Engine Problem Diagnosis and Tune-Up
20. Engine Removal, Disassembly, and Cleaning 21. Short Block Rebuilding and Machining 22. Top End Rebuilding and Machining 23. Front End Service 24. Engine Reassembly, Installation, Startup, and Break-In
James E. Duffy - has devoted much of his professional life to developing educational materials that help people understand vocational and technical subjects. Mr. Duffy earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Technology from Indiana State University. After college, Mr. Duffy worked as an automotive instructor at Brandon High School in Brandon, Florida, and at Hillsborough Adult Education Center in Tampa, Florida. After teaching for several years, Mr. Duffy joined Goodheart-Willcox Publisher as a technical editor and eventually began writing textbooks. In addition to Modern Automotive Technology, Mr. Duffy's books include Auto Electricity and Electronics, Auto Engine Repair, Automatic Transmissions and Transaxles, and Manual Drive Trains and Axles.