Louise A. Liddell and Carolee S. Samuels
Exploring Design, Technology, & Engineering, 3rd Edition
Exploring Design, Technology, & Engineering
is an exciting introductory technology education text that provides in-depth coverage of the content defined in the Standards for Technological Literacy
. Coverage includes the impacts of technology, technological systems, the history of technology, applying technology, and the designed world (agriculture and biotechnology, construction, manufacturing, information and communication, transportation, energy and power, and medical technology). This edition includes updated information on job skills, technological needs and wants, and technological impacts.
- Strong focus on developing design and problem-solving skills.
- Reading Organizer activities help students focus on the material in each chapter.
- STEM Connections and Curricular Connections relate chapter content to math, science, social studies, and language arts.
- Think Green features connect chapter content to environmental issues.
- Technology Explained features highlight and discuss a variety of current technologies.
- Career Highlights present information about careers related to various technological fields.
- STEM Connections, Curricular Connections, activities, Test Your Knowledge questions, and the Reading Organizer are included at the end of each chapter.
In addition to the text, the teaching package includes a Tech Lab Workbook with chapter review material and material relating to the activities in the text. Other supplements include an Instructor's Presentations for PowerPoint CD and an EXAMVIEW Assessment Suite CD.